Indian Fintech Firm Razorpay In Talks To Raise Up To $200M From GIC, And Others Fintech startup Razorpay is in talks with its existing investor Singapore’s sovereign investment fund GIC and others to raise US$150 million to US$200 million in a financing round that could see its valuation nearly double to US$2 billion in less than six months.
Indian Edutech Startup Doubtnut Raises $31M Led By SIG, Lupa Systems Gurugram-based K-12 edtech startup Doubtnut said it has raised Rs224 crore in a Series B funding round from SIG and Lupa Systems. Existing investors Sequoia Capital India, Omidyar Network India, and Waterbridge Ventures also participated in the round.
【Exclusive】Indian Real Money Gaming Startup Moonfrog Labs Acquired By Stillfront Group This deal will be the entry of Stillfront in the Indian market where it has bought 91% stake for $90 million (INR 656Cr) on a cash and debt free basis. The rest of the 9% stake will happen in 3 tranches till 2023 based on Moonfrog's performance
Beauty Brand SUGAR Cosmetics Raises $21M In Series C Funding From Elevation Capital and existing investors SUGAR Cosmetics announced a $21 Million (INR 153 Cr) Series C funding round led by Elevation Capital (formerly, SAIF Partners), with existing investors A91 Partners, India Quotient participating and strategic venture debt from Stride Ventures on Friday.
Sequoia-backed Indian Esports Startup MPL Secures $100M At $800M Valuation “Online gaming startup Mobile Premier League (MPL) has raised around US$100 million in a fresh financing round valuing the company at nearly US$800 million,” the Economic Times reported, citing two people familiar with the matter.
【Exclusive】Niti Aayog’s Regulatory Principles Fantasy Sports, Brings Stability To Indian Real Money Games Industry Prime Minister Modi in his Mann Ki Baat which is a monthly radio program hosted by the PM himself while talking about the massive toys market both in India and globally touched upon the potential of the Indian Gaming Industry on 30th Aug 2020. He talked about the need to focus on creating game apps for India and also Indian games based apps for the world.